Kino Leadership Conference 2012
January 12 – 14, 2012
Thursday 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Diocesan Pastoral Center
Designed for the growth and development of parish leaders
Following the lead of Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI, the Kino Leadership Conference is designed to equip Parish Leaders to meet the demands of fostering the New Evangelization in our Diocese.
This conference will help new and experienced leaders focus on developing the right vision, the relationships, and principles for evangelization and catechesis. Designed by veteran leaders from the Diocese of Phoenix and throughout the country, this conference will help you focus on the essential areas that lead to fruitful, disciple-making outreach. To view full curriculum click here.
Specialization Tracks in:
– Recruiting, Training, and Developing Teams
– Working with Bishops, Pastors, Staff and parents
– The Holy Spirit/Converter of Hearts
– John Paul II and the New Evangelization
– The Process of Conversion
The goals of the Kino Leadership Conference are:
1. Methodology: To expose the participant to the key methodological principles of evangelization and catechesis;
2. Formation: To help the participant understand the catechetical and academic principles behind the basic methods of evangelization and catechesis;
3. Reflection: To provide opportunities for the participants to reflect upon goals #1 and #2 and apply them to their current parish setting.
Our desire for each participant is that they:
– Have the understanding and ability to articulate and advocate for the Church’s vision of to their pastors, staff, and all those served by the parish;
– Have the skills to translate the principles of evangelization and catechesis to their parish setting;
– Be able to deepen the quality of evangelization and catechesis offered to their parishes, beginning with the liturgy.
• Learn the foundations of the Church’s mission.
• Gain valuable practical skills.
• Learn how to build a vision that inspires and encourages long-term conversion.
• Take time to pray and be refreshed.
• Understand how to best focus your program.
• Grow in your ability to manage essential relationships.
• Develop supportive networking relationships.
• Be encouraged by veteran parish leaders as they share from their experience.
The training can be taken for either personal enrichment (auditing) or for a certificate of completion.
There is no academic credit offered for the program.
The session hours of the Kino Leadership Conference can be applied towards credentialing and re-credentialing.
Registration is now closed.