Welcome Aspiring Deacons!
Are you discerning a call to the permanent diaconate? Congratulations! Kino Catechetical Institute is proud to be the first stop on your official path of discernment.
Scroll Down to Learn More:
Why Kino Catechetical Institute?
Benefits of Kino
Features of Kino
- All classes begin and end with prayer.
- Experienced instructors, representing a variety of ministries and outreaches in the diocese, share their knowledge, expertise and love of the Catholic Faith.
- Diverse mix of adult learners, who go through the program as a cohort, and so come to know and love one another as brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Opportunities to ask questions, discuss challenges, and learn from dynamic interaction with instructors and fellow students.
- Distance learning opportunities available.
- Adult Faith Formation consists of 14 five-week courses on Catholic doctrine and dogma, taught over the course of two academic years.
- Parish Leadership consists of four (4) two-day courses focusing on the methodology and pedagogy of handing on the Catholic Faith.
- All courses will have textbooks, reading assignments, and end-of-course assessments.
- Deacon Inquirers are required to take the Adult Faith Formation/Parish Leadership Combined program, for credit, and are required to carry a grade of “B” or better in all Kino courses.
- We do our best to accommodate your busy schedule! Choose from the Adult Faith Formation evening cohort on Tuesdays or Wednesday from 6:30-9:30 p.m. or the daytime cohort on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Parish Leadership courses are offered every other Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a one-hour break for lunch.
- All courses are held at the Diocesan Pastoral Center.
Schedule AFF & PL Year ONE 2022-2023